Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Main Line (you know, like in The Philadelphia Story)

Hullo, hullo, hullo! Long time no posting, what?

This Sunday (2/8) I'll be at the Main Line Art Center for a free day of fun called The Art of Illustration. I am only one of a truly impressive list of children's book illustrators, and we'll all be hanging around, talking about our work, signing books, offering tips to kids, and giving presentations (mine starts at noon).

I don't often sell my work, but I will have some illustrations for sale at the event (including The Adventurer, seen above... maybe...I kinda like how this turned out). What doesn't sell and/or prints of the stuff will eventually wind up on my soon-to-be-established Etsy site. It looks like Mr. Biggs will be offering some super cool work for sale as well.

If you're in the Philadelphia area, stop by and say hullo, hullo, hullo! (I've been reading a lot of Wodehouse lately).

2 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Oh... see? This is the typical moment when I become so frustrated about living so far away. I wish I could go, sounds like an amazing event.

I'll have to settle for saying hullo, hullo, hullo through comments... Have fun Matt! :o)

J. E. Morris said...

Good luck this weekend. Wish I lived closer. (I love Wodehouse)