Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Book Signing in NYC!


My latest picture book was officially released yesterday: A Box Full of Kittens by Sonia Manzano. You may also know Sonia as Maria from Sesame Street. That's right, Sesame Street. Being a first generation Sesame Street kid, the thrill of illustrating this book was immense. And now I get to meet her in person. And so can you if you live anywhere near the Big Apple. Stop by Books of Wonder at noon on Sunday, June 10th, and get your book signed by both of us. Plus, there will be cupcakes! I'm also hoping that Grover shows up...

4 comments:

Karen Lee said...

That's wonderful Matt - wish i could drop by but being 700 miles away is a bit of a commute. I'll be there in spirit, eating cupcakes and admiring the art.
Karen

J. E. Morris said...

That's awesome! I loved Sesame Street as a kid (okay, I still love it) Wish I lived closer too - I'm sure you'll have a fantastic turn out - enjoy! Can't wait to see the book. The illo is just adorable.

Abigail said...

I love that cat.

In junior high for a school project I wrote Sonia Manzano a loooong letter with all kinds of questions about being in the original cast of "Godspell." She wrote me back this incredibly nice hand-written letter which really impressed me as being awfully kind and genuine. Glad to hear she's doing picture books!

Matt Phelan said...

Thanks, guys. I'm sure we'll all meet up somewhere sometime.